Alistair J. Brown Music - Privacy Notice
This page covers the personal information that I collect and explains what I use the information for. In setting out this policy, I hope to reassure you that I am looking after your personal information responsibly and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and related laws.
What categories of personal information do I hold?
- Your name, from enquiry and booking forms. For most forms, I only ask for a first name – to limit the identifying information I collect about you. My booking forms ask for a full name.
- Email addresses, from enquiry and booking forms.
- Phone numbers, from booking forms or in cases where you have contacted me directly.
How I get the personal information and why I have it?
Nearly all of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You may have sent me a question or enquiry through my website;
- You may have signed up to hear from me about my latest news, promotional offers and information about the services I offer.
In limited circumstances, I also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- An enquiry originating from you containing your name and contact details (email address and telephone number) might be passed to me from an industry colleague, and I will use the personal information to respond to you.
I use the personal information you supply to me to:
- to respond to enquiries;
- maintain my records;
- provide services to you;
- send you information in relation to my latest news, other services and promotional offers;
- analyse the services that you and other customers use.
I will never share your personal information with anyone unless you provide me with your consent to do so.
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive these messages then you can opt out of future communications. I will still communicate with you for other purposes in the ordinary course of any other relationship I have with you.
What is my legal basis for processing your personal information?
(a) Your consent.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting me (Alistair Brown) at firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) I have a contractual obligation.
How do I store your personal information?
Your information is also securely stored in the Google applications that I use on my business devices. These are password protected and only I have access to them.
I regularly review the personal information that I hold and process. I will only keep your personal information for the minimum period of time necessary, which is usually based on business need.
Once I have responded to your enquiry, or fulfilled your booking, I will hold your information for up to one year for purposes of business benchmarking. After this time, my business no longer has a need to retain your personal information and I will dispose of your information by deleting it from the CRM Database and Google applications.
Your data protection rights
Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me (Alistair Brown) at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk